Spring Planting

The rain has set in for the weekend as Jesse and I fight off spring colds. Cabin fever is also starting to set in, so I am reminiscing back to last week when I planted so many flowers and vegetables in our garden!



I have been reading this book since Christmas to learn more about what, when and how to plant. It has been a huge help and I plan on using it in the future if we get bees, chickens, and a milking cow or goat.



Some green bean, corn, okra and squash seed we picked up from the feed store. Local is the best to use for green beans and corn. The rest of our veggies and flowers were purchased at your typical garden/outdoor living store.

I transplanted my cucumbers and tomatoes that had been growing inside for the past month and were ready for more space to grow.



My cucumbers have done great! The tomatoes are getting used to the garden. I used the lazy gardeners approach and planted them as seedlings instead of plants... we will see how they do!

My grandparents are avid gardeners who inspires me to grow my garden, Homestead, and life. My grandpa gave me a couple pepper plants they bought and I set them out with my tomatoes. I have some pepper seedlings indoors that will go out next to them in the next couple of weeks.


We’re having fun out in the garden as a family, and look forward to more sunny days after the much needed rain.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training A Toddler

Crustless Quiche with Customized Toppings

Easy Guacamole