Play Dough

This is the recipe straight off of my Grandparent’s fridge. It’s the recipe my grandparents made for us countless times, and it brings back so many memories when I make it for my kids today. All the memories from all five senses; hearing my grandparents stirring it together over the stove, kneading the warm dough, seeing the colors come together, smelling the artificial flavoring (and breaking out from the cinnamon one), and even licking it...because I was like a cow attracted to a salt block. I guess Jesse gets it from me because I can’t keep his mouth away from it. Not edible but also not toxic!!

1 cup plain flour

1/2 cup salt

1 cup water

2 tsp cream of tarter

1 tsp oil

Cook on medium heat

You won’t believe how quickly this stuff clumps up to make play dough. It’s like a science experiment for all ages. Add any color, flavoring (for smell) or even essential oils to warm dough and knead until incorporated. Can be stored in airtight bags and kept!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training A Toddler

Crustless Quiche with Customized Toppings

Easy Guacamole