Squash Souffle

 I pulled out a lot of old church cookbooks right before our wedding over two years ago and snapped a bunch of photos of some great recipes. This week, I had some squash that was about to go bad andI thought of this yummy souffle!

Two recipes in one for those of you who are into trying new things. It will also be nice to switch things up once we have an abounding crop coming in from the garden.


This is how I have to cook now that Jesse gets his hands into everything facing forward.



I think it's easier to use a food processor to mash the cooked squash, but a good masher would also do the trick. I used two large squash I had leftover and it seemed to be enough. I whisked my batter over med/low heat and it took about 15 mins to start getting to the thickened consistency you're looking for.

After digging through our pantry, I realized we didn't have any crackers. I did have some bread crumbs on hand, which worked well and added some extra flavor!


Yummy goodness! I couldn't take a picture fast enough, I had to try it out!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training A Toddler

Crustless Quiche with Customized Toppings

Easy Guacamole