Spring Projects

Boone, NC is finally seeing spring weather as we enter into the month of May. I've been itching to get my hands in the garden for months and was so excited to watch my husband plow the ground a few weeks ago.

So far, I have harvested many grass clumps. This first year is going to be a fight against the freshly plowed soil. I have already planted red potatoes and onions with love and hopes of at least a small harvest of food (instead of grass).

Everyone says to wait until after Mother's Day to plant a summer garden in the high country, when the last chance of frost is out of sight. That hasn't stopped me from planting some seedlings indoors with the hopes of a thriving transplant to the garden in the next couple of weeks.


My husband, Edward took an entire day off recently to plow the garden and build me the clothes line of my dreams!


I have tried to motivate myself to do some spring cleaning, but it always gets pushed to the bottom of the list of daily To-Do's. I have put away most of our winter clothes, which is a big job in and of itself.

Our 9 month old baby boy, Jesse loves being outside with me in the garden. You'll probably either find him swinging next to the clothes line or riding in the dump wagon I bought for the garden that became his primary form of transportation. I even created a canopy for shade out of an old baby play mat and some fabric. It's his very own covered wagon!


We can't wait to spend our summer outside planting flowers and vegetables in the garden.

Psalm 8 comes to mind when I look around our homestead that overlooks the mountains and think about The Lords majestic name which is over all the earth.

Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!
You have set your glory above the heavens.
    Out of the mouth of babies and infants,
you have established strength because of your foes,
    to still the enemy and the avenger.
When I look at your heavens, the work of your fingers,
    the moon and the stars, which you have set in place,
what is man that you are mindful of him,
    and the son of man that you care for him?
Yet you have made him a little lower than the heavenly beings
    and crowned him with glory and honor.
You have given him dominion over the works of your hands;
    you have put all things under his feet,
all sheep and oxen,
    and also the beasts of the field,
the birds of the heavens, and the fish of the sea,
    whatever passes along the paths of the seas.
Lord, our Lord,
    how majestic is your name in all the earth!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training A Toddler

Crustless Quiche with Customized Toppings

Easy Guacamole