Adding Chickens to our Farm

I talked my husband into getting chickens this spring, instead of waiting until next year. He must love me a lot to put up with me. He has regretted getting them ever since.

He was working close to the feed store that we had visited a few weeks ago and I knew they had them. I was holding on to hope that they still had some left, and they did! We paid 50 cent more for them because they were already about 5 weeks old and their feathers had come in.. worth it to not have to buy a brooder!!

While Edward went  to pick them up, I hurried to Tractor Supply to get everything I would need. We housed them in Jesse’s pack-n-play until we could get them a permanent home outside! Jesse and our dog, Oakley, loved watching them explore their temporary home.


I have done so much research since the day we got the chicks that I could probably graduate with a Google and Pinterest degree in chickens. Edward has been a trooper building two different chicken coop/runs for me!

 I have spent a lot of time with them in the evenings since Edward has been mowing hay and really busy with work. They are good company, and have become little pets already. This small step forward in our homestead has been an adventure and I am so excited to share this journey with you!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Potty Training A Toddler

Crustless Quiche with Customized Toppings

Easy Guacamole